Harking back to the wonderful age of steam, Pickering Station is the 1930’s themed backdrop for this summer afternoon stop off for 45407; a Black 5 locomotive known as the Lancashire Fusilier. Drawing admiring glances from the crowd, smoke billows as the crew work tirelessly to keep the gleaming engine in tip top condition.
No. 45407 was built in 1937 and formed part of the largest order ever placed with a private builder by a British railway company, worth £2.7 million. Officially known as LMS Stanier Class 5 4-6-0 45407 this loco was withdrawn on 4 August 1968. Part of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, a highlight of Pickering Station is the magnificent roof structure which was recently re-instated to the same design as the original, built in 1847 by G T Andrews.
1 in stock